Last updated 18 February 2019
Definitions and Interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to From The Ground Up via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
"Data Protection Laws"
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
"From The Ground Up, we or us"
From The Ground Up of 1 Knightsbridge Crescent, Stirchley, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 1BN;
"User or you"
any third party that accesses the Website;
the Website that you are currently using, http://www.fromtheground-up.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- ‘including’ is understood to mean ‘including without limitation’;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the application Data Protection Laws, From The Ground Up is the “data controller”. This means that From The Ground Up determines the purpose for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which include personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses, Post Codes and telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you;
Data that is given to us by you
7. From The Ground Up will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- When you contact us through the Website, by telephone, e-mail or through any other means;
- When you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping:
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your Rights” below).
Who we share Data with
11. Your Data will not be shared with anyone outside of From The Ground Up.
Keeping Data secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- Access to your Data is controlled by a password and a user name.
- We store your Data on secure serves.
13. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting via email
14. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
16. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
17. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with the access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy, or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
18. To make enquires, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via our email address.
19. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/
20. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other sites
24. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
25. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact From The Ground Up via email